Sunday, April 26, 2009

Did You Know I'm a Racist?

Because, apparently, only a racist could possibly have any sort of problem with a "black" president. It's not really the fact that Obama is bailing out big businesses so the CEO's can take their nice bonus this year, lay off half their work forces, and drive up the unemployment rate. It's not really the fact that we have a president, who if elected for a second term, will most certainly try to push another asinine "assault weapons" ban (you know, that thing under Bush Sr and Clinton that didn't solve anything)- or worse. And it's not really for the fact Obama has given Great Britain, one of our better allies, a veritable slap in the face...twice!

It's my inherent racism that comes from me being white and somewhat republican that is the only logical explanation for my current disdain for our Commander in Chief. Surely, only a racist could have any sort of problem with Obama. He's charismatic, energetic, and depending on who you ask, he's black!

The left has wanted this for so long and now they have it. They've got someone in office with whom they can pull the race card. Don't like our guy? You're a racist! Now, I'm sure someone out there is saying, "But Forrest! Not all of us liberals think that blah, blah, blah..." Shut up! I know, trust me, I know. A few of my liberal friends are exceptions. But by and large (or at least on facebook), this is what I see.

So, please, get over yourselves and our president. Obama is not God, nor is he perfect. People are going to dislike him. Just because he is "black" it does not make him great- true greatness comes from something deeper than the skin tone a man is endowed with by his Creator. Take a look at him objectively. This is how he will be judged by history.

Until next time--

Forrest

3 comments:

  1. Har har, you just look like a redneck, not a racist! I am on the left side of things but would die by your side for you to express you backwoods opinions (muffled laug). From your actual to the left neighbor (meaning west of Honeytown)I say hooray for you to be able to speak your mind. BTW, this lefty is almost done building his AR-15 with 9mm conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lefty who happens to be into firearms/ 2a? I see you are a liberal in the truest sense of the word! Kudos to you!

    PS- Is this Brendon? Or is it by some strange coincidence that someone else living west of me is also reading this site and building a 9mm AR conversion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you know I've got your back when it comes to defending dissent.

    Keep in mind that if there are CEO's siphoning cash out of these bailouts they are/have been held responsible for it...just saying.

    Anyway, it is a big deal that we have an African-American President, but in all honesty it shouldn't matter. We're past that, or so I thought until I saw how dear old Hillary campaigned with a hefty dose of race-baiting.

    I've got my critiques of Obama. Too many Clintonian Democrats in his Cabinet. Biden's an excellent choice for VP, but there are better. To name two Republicans: Dick Lugar and Chuck Hagel would have been great.

    That's my own problem with your average self-proclaimed liberal. If we'd run another phony botox-injected schmuck a la Kerry in 2008, do you know how much less people would have given a shit? Until Obama announced his candidacy, everyone thought it was Clinton's ballgame, and we'd have the first woman President.*

    There is a "token" quality to Obama, but strictly in the eyes of the average American. And as you and I both know, the average American is also your average moron. I will give it up to Obama that - SO FAR - he has shown that he's got a clean nose, he isn't penitent to any group, and truly does have our best interests in mind. This could just mean he's too young to have been bought out. We'll see.

    And if that happens, you're damn right I'll be criticizing him.

    *I see us having a female President in our lifetime. I just hope it is long after Hillary has retired and established her self-celebrating library, etc. I'm also not down with it being Sarah Palin OR Nancy Pelosi. (See? Again, a Democrat there, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be cute. Using words like "wut", "kewl", "plz", etc make you look like a simpleton.